Like so many places it costs to go to the island. But there are many ways to save money with the visit. Today I discuss what I recommend and how I save myself. Here are a few examples.
- stay during the week
- Cyber Monday deals on http://www.mackinacisland.org
- bring your own cooler with food and drinks
- stay at a B&B so breakfast is included
- if staying on island bring your bike
- use online to purchase ferry passes
- Use an app like Qapital to save money before your trip
- bring a backpack to carry supplies in while hiking inner island
I also share very similar tips the Cassondra (who was previously on the show) shared on her blog https://cassondrawanderstheworld.com. Go to her page for other helpful guidance when visiting the island.
Staying on Mackinac is worth every penny. I highly anyone to do so. Just know that there are ways to save in order to do that.