Did you know that Mackinac hosts over 250 different kinds of lilacs? Yes that is right. Every year for 10 days the island hosts the Lilac Festival to honor these gorgeous fragrant flowers.
This years theme is peace, love , Lilacs. Starting with a queen coronation to announcing the poster winner. Then starts the week long of activities. Including some of the following
- 10k run/walk
- Watercolor cafe lilac inspired classes
- Lilac inspired cocktails and food
- walking tour with lilac expert Jeff Young
- Mackinac Wellness energy shot set up at Watercolor
- Lilac Photography tour with Sara Wright
- Free Art Museum Tours
- Parade -email email@example.com
- Sip n sail cruises (which are all summer long )http://www.puremichigancruises.com
- Nightly entertainment
- Michigan Corn Hole tournament https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfWKdpyYf9z9NsrvqcXZ_kwRNxNBQ7dRCdkAXRYdCI6frQVOw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0
Tune in to hear all about it and be sure to go to http://www.mackinacisland.org and check under events for what is happening daily.