We all have had a day on vacation that the weather doesn’t agree with us. This does not mean that you cannot enjoy the island even when it is raining. This podcast I share what is fun to do when you are trying to avoid getting wet but still enjoying your vacation.
Remember to always be aware of the weather ahead of your trip. If there is even a small chance of rain then I recommend that you bring a poncho or umbrella or both. This will help you take on the day of rain with an extra bit of coverage.
Here are the links to the options I talked about. Now when I discuss the bars I will just share the names for you to look up yourself.
- Benjamin Blacksmith Shop 906-847-3328
- Caricatures https://www.facebook.com/Mackinacislandcariacatures
- Forge a Memory Blacksmith Shop https://www.osborneforge.com
- Grand Hotel Porch https://www.grandhotel.com/about-grand-hotel/facts/
- Haunted Theatre https://getspookeditsfun.com
- Island Bookstore https://www.islandbookstore.com
- Little Stone Church http://www.littlestonechurch.com
- Mackinac Island Taxi http://www.mict.com/taxi-service.html
- Maze of Mirrors 213-818-0219
- Mission Point Movies http://www.mackinacartscouncil.org/movies
- Original Butterfly House & Insect World http://originalbutterflyhouse.com
- Richard and Jane Manoogian http://www.mackinacparks.com/
- Surrey Hills Carriage Museum http://www.mict.com
For the downtown Bar hop suggestions I say start at the non water side and make your way down. Here is the way I personally would go- mind you this is a lot but a small idea of where you can go.
- Great Turtle Brewery
- Kingston Kitchen
- Broken Spoke
- Millies on Main
- Yankee Rebel
- Mary’s Bistro
- Mackinac Rum Co.
- Smoky Jose’s
- Pink Pony
As always there is a lot of shopping too that can happen downtown too while it is raining. Downtown and Market St do a good job with awnings to keep you covered in case of Rain.