Just an Indiana girl who fell in love with an island.
Totally Mackinac Island is where I get to share all the in’s & outs I have learned visiting. Allow me to help guide you to the time of your life.
Mackinac Island, MI is located on the crystal clear waters of Lake Huron. This magical place boasts the simplicity you never knew you craved. No vehicles are allowed so you either walk, bike or take a horse taxi. Relax and enjoy as I help you figure out where to stay, eat and what activities to be done.
“ Haven’t we always wanted our own island? One without car horns or stop lights, but one filled with forts and uncharted paths. Filled with carriage rides and bike rides and games we play all day. Where the sun can’t wait to wake up and adventure around every corner. Nestled in deep blue waters of Lake Huron is Mackinac Island. Our island is pure Michigan.”
• • •
- 75th Lilac Festival and we head to the islandThe time is here. We head to Mackinac on June 8-11 and just in time for the 75th Lilac Festival (one of my favorite times to visit). The event is […]
- McKenzie from Grand HotelOn the podcast today is McKenzie. Content Marketing Coordinator for the Grand Hotel. What is so exciting she is living and experiencing everything Mackinac. The Grand Hotel is nostalgic for […]
- Veronica from Sip n Sail Cruises on Mackinac IslandNo doubt when you arrive on the island the last thing you want to think about is leaving the mainland. But this is an exception. Sip n Sail Cruises has […]
- What is new on the island? Plus a bit about Patric DoudCongrats to Mackinac Island in being voted #1 Summer Destination in the country by USA Today. A well deserved recognition for sure.https://www.mlive.com/news/2023/04/mackinac-island-named-best-summer-travel-destination-by-usa-todays-readers-choice-awards.html There are quite a few new things opening […]
- Butterfly Houses on Mackinac IslandThere are 2 yes 2 Butterfly exhibits to visit on Mackinac Island. Having never been to one – to be able to visit 2 of the houses on the island […]
- Katy Klimczuk author interviewThe interview we have today is with Katy. A teacher turned author who took her love of the island and decided to publish a children’s book called M is for […]
- The Woods Restaurant PodcastIf you have ever had the opportunity to go to the middle of the island then you hopefully have come upon a charming house that sticks out not only for […]
- Golf Anyone?Mackinac Island is definitely a tourist dream- especially for those who like to golf. Yes the island has 2 courses and then a putting course. Starting with the historic Wawashkamo […]
- Opening Dates and Lake View HotelSpring is officially here which means we are that much closer to Mackinac Island being fully open. With all the different businesses on the island there are times that vary […]
- Private Carriage Tour Drive Chad BennettMackinac has rich history. So much can be shared and learned before going but experiencing it in person is a must. Here is where Chad comes into play. He has […]