Just an Indiana girl who fell in love with an island.
Totally Mackinac Island is where I get to share all the in’s & outs I have learned visiting. Allow me to help guide you to the time of your life.
Mackinac Island, MI is located on the crystal clear waters of Lake Huron. This magical place boasts the simplicity you never knew you craved. No vehicles are allowed so you either walk, bike or take a horse taxi. Relax and enjoy as I help you figure out where to stay, eat and what activities to be done.
“ Haven’t we always wanted our own island? One without car horns or stop lights, but one filled with forts and uncharted paths. Filled with carriage rides and bike rides and games we play all day. Where the sun can’t wait to wake up and adventure around every corner. Nestled in deep blue waters of Lake Huron is Mackinac Island. Our island is pure Michigan.”
• • •
- Opening Dates and Lake View HotelSpring is officially here which means we are that much closer to Mackinac Island being fully open. With all the different businesses on the island there are times that vary […]
- Private Carriage Tour Drive Chad BennettMackinac has rich history. So much can be shared and learned before going but experiencing it in person is a must. Here is where Chad comes into play. He has […]
- Introducing Brad Conkey and Swim around MackinacSo a constant question that people ask is can you swim on Mackinac Island? I know you are thinking of course it is a island- well the island is not […]
- Meet Pete From Island House HotelIsland House Hotel was the first place I stayed at on my overnight on the island. This hotel is one you see upon arrival to the island. A rich history […]
- Jobs and Events for Mackinac 2023Have you ever thought about working on Mackinac Island? I know I have. Well there are listings coming out daily on where this can happen. I share what some of […]
- Brad from Mary’s Bistro Draught HouseNo doubt when you go out of town on vacation food is one of the main things you think about immediately. Well Brad Lee – general Manager from Mary’s Bistro […]
- Andrew and Emily Callewaert of Ryba’s FudgeYou can’t go to Mackinac Island and not see Ryba’s Fudge. With the eye catching Pink and of course smells generate out of the front of the store to entice […]
- Mackinac Arts CouncilOn the show I talk with Philip and Jeri Lynn from the Mackinac Arts Council. This non profit was introduced to me a couple years ago when they had a […]
- Meet Robert from Windermere HotelOn todays show we talk to Robert from Windermere Hotel on the island. He shares the rich history of this gem on Mackinac. Once a house then turned into a […]
- Pools on Mackinac IslandLike so many often wonder- are there hotels with pools on Mackinac? Yes there are. And to help with the season being shorter and weather at times cooler. The pools […]